A running assessment consists of:
- a detailed history of your running career, current training mileage, training methods and goals;
- functional movement screen to assess any flexibly and strength deficits that could contribute to poor running technique;
- a detailed video gait analysis on the treadmill. (The goal here is not to deconstruct running gait but to work with it to improve efficiency in running style and eliminate asymmetry);
- running drills to improve technique;
- one or two cues to put into practice on weekly runs;
- an evidence based strength and conditioning program appropriate for your current level of strength to improve running economy and to assist in injury prevention.
There will also be time to address any questions on training plans and guidance on race preparation if you have an event coming up.
OUR RUNNING ASSESSMENT PHYSIOS
PIOTR MIZEREK MCSP
Piotr gained an MSc in Physiotherapy in Poland and went on to do post-graduate study in soft tissue therapy. He worked in orthopaedic and physiotherapy clinics in his home country before coming to live in the UK.
Piotr is highly client focused and is passionate about health and wellbeing. He has a holistic approach to his therapy and believes that pain is a signpost that points to the root cause of a problem.
Piotr works with a combination of Structural Bodywork, Deep Tissue Massage, Sports or Relaxing Massage, Cupping, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release and Stretching, Muscle Energy Technique, Core Stability Exercises, EMM-Tech, Acupuncture and Home Exercises.
Piotr works as a Physiotherapist and Clinical Massage Therapist.
MARY FON SING MCSP
Mary graduated from University of Melbourne in 2011 and has recently moved to London from Melbourne to explore more of Europe. As a physiotherapist certified in Clinical Pilates and working at the Commonwealth Games 2018, Mary enjoys working with patients recovering from spinal problems and sports injuries.
Patients’ goals, especially returning back to work and sports, is one of Mary’s main focus areas when treating her patients.
Mary has a keen interest in sports injuries and spinal conditions.
Her physiotherapy management includes manual therapy, Pilates driven exercise rehabilitation, dry needling and taping. Mary also specialises in pelvic floor, abdominal muscle training, breathing awareness, postural and ergonomic education in her management.
In her spare time, Mary is an avid volleyball player, martial arts enthusiast and likes chasing waves to surf. Last but not least, she speaks French and can help out if you’re lost in translation!
NICOLE LEE MCSP
Nicole graduated in 1999 from the University of Otago in New Zealand. Since then she has worked mostly in private practice both in the UK and New Zealand.
She has considerable experience in treating musculoskeletal problems, especially sports-related injuries and enjoys rehabilitating people back to full function. Nicole is trained in acupuncture and also has APPI Matwork Pilates training.
RUNNING ASSESSMENT APPOINTMENTS
Booking Time: 45 minutes
Booking Time: 30 minutes
Booking Time: 45 minutes