Whether you are running a marathon this year, part of a running club or just going jogging around the park, our running assessments can help.
Our running Physiotherapists offer a specialist one hour appointment to assess your running on our treadmill to help reduce injury, identify any weaknesses and create a plan to support and improve your running whether you are training for a race or just want to improve your recreational running.
A running assessment consists of:
- a detailed history of your running career, current training mileage, training methods and goals;
- functional movement screen to assess any flexibility and strength deficits that could contribute to poor running technique;
- a detailed video gait analysis on the treadmill. (The goal here is not to deconstruct running gait but to work with it to improve efficiency in running style and eliminate asymmetry);
- running drills to improve technique;
- one or two cues to put into practice on weekly runs;
- an evidence based strength and conditioning program appropriate for your current level of strength to improve running economy and to assist in injury prevention.
There will also be time to address any questions on training plans and guidance on race preparation if you have an event coming up.
Follow up sessions can be booked on a one by one basis as needed but if you’re looking for a more structured approach for best performance for an event or whilst overcoming injury, see details of our discounted package below.