Post-natal support at reCentre Health
Pregnancy is a very special time in a women's life and we offer a range of treatments and services to support you through the many different stages pregnancy brings.
Pregnancy Health MOT
- A specialist one off examination provided by our women's health physiotherapists for pregnant women
- To identify and treat pain or issues you are having during your pregnancy
- Your specialist will provide advice on birthing positions along with exercises and advice specific to you and your pregnancy
- You can book this appointment at any point during your pregnancy.
- A discussion about your medical history, and an in-depth history of your current pregnancy depending on your trimester, any previous pregnancies or deliveries and presenting symptoms and/or challenges.
- Assessment of your pelvis to identify movement issues and/or any pelvic or back pain. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing you can easily move around in. Most of the assessment will be completed in your underwear.
- Discussion and advice around safe birthing positions if you are experiencing any pelvic girdle pain.
- Explanation of pelvic floor exercises to practice throughout and post pregnancy.
- Hands-on treatment to relieve presenting symptoms.
- At the end of the session, we'll review our findings and go through exercises that are appropriate for you. Your home exercise program will be emailed to you, including videos and instructions, so it's easy to remember and follow.
- Pregnancy causes a variety of changes to a woman's body and some women can suffer from different musculoskeletal pain and conditions throughout their pregnancy, which they may not have experienced before. Our women's health Physiotherapists can assess, treat and advise on what to do and what not to do to help reduce your pain to make your pregnancy more enjoyable!
- You can book in with our Women's Health Physiotherapists at any point in your pregnancy
- During your first appointment, your physiotherapist will complete a full assessment including your medical history, discuss any previous pregnancies and births, how your current pregnancy is going and your current issues, pains and goals. They will then complete a series of tests to help form a diagnosis and will provide treatment based on this. Treatments they use include massage, soft tissue release, acupuncture, taping, mobilisations and exercises. After your assessment, your Physiotherapist will recommend booking in for any follow-ups needed.
Some of the conditions we treat are:
- Pelvic girdle pain (includes pelvic and hip pain)
- Back pain (upper, thoracic and lumbar)
- Rib pain
- Coccyx pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Pregnancy causes a variety of changes to a woman's body and some women can suffer from different musculoskeletal pain and conditions throughout their pregnancy, which they may not have experienced before.
- Our Osteopaths are trained and experienced in treating women during anytime in pregnancy. They will assess, treat and advise on what to do and what not to do to help reduce your pain to make your pregnancy more enjoyable!
- You can book in with our Osteopaths at any point in your pregnancy
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life that can be supported with massage and there are many benefits to having a massage at this time. This can include:
- Relieving backache, headaches, pelvic pain and muscle aches
- Reducing swollen legs and ankles (common during pregnancy)
- Improving circulation
- Improving skin elasticity
- Reducing stretch marks
- Relaxation (good for keeping your hormones stable)
If you have experienced any complications during your pregnancy, it is best to refer to your GP first.
At reCentre we offer two types of pregnancy massage:
We offer 1:1 Private Pilates during pregnancy. Our teachers are highly skilled and experienced in working with pregnant women to support your movement, exercise and wellbeing throughout your pregnancy. Each class is completely tailored to you using the Pilates mat, Reformer and Wunda chair, your teacher will work with your own ability and goals.
You can book any of our regular Private Pilates sessions with our pregnancy trained teachers:
- Sibylla Meinberg
- Eva Perdiki
- Sam Hull
- Cat Lane (currently on maternity leave)
Our reflexologist, Norah is a specialist in reproductive reflexology and offers treatments to help support pregnancy.
Reflexology is safe throughout pregnancy, the treatments are very gentle with no direct pressure on the uterus. Reflexology sessions are a great way to relax and give the internal organs a chance to 'breathe'. They may help to relieve some of the symptoms of pregnancy. Reflexology is a wonderful, natural and simple way of helping your body go through the different stages of pregnancy. Most women sense a feeling of wellbeing and deep relaxation. It is best experienced as a course.