PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE
If your policy is with BUPA, BUPA INTERNATIONAL or AXA PPP, we will invoice your insurer directly for fees to cover your treatment. Please read below for more detail.
For all other insurance providers, you will need to pay for your treatments at the end of each session and reclaim the fees from your insurer.
- Check the details of your policy thoroughly
- Contact your insurer prior to commencing treatment to find out what you need to do to reclaim your fees
- Check whether you need to be referred by your GP or a consultant prior to booking treatment
- Find out how many treatments / what monetary value your insurer will cover
- Ensure your policy covers you for treatment with reCentre and / or your specific therapist
If your insurer cannot find us on their register, please call us on 020 8672 4455 so we can assist.
BUPA & AXA PPP
We will invoice BUPA or AXA PPP on your behalf. Note that you can usually only claim for Physiotherapy and Osteopathy treatments.
Our provider numbers are:
BUPA 80003377 (Physiotherapy) [Visit our BUPA Finder Page]
AXA PPP ZZ01910
Note that Marcia Hugall, Chris Gaia and Jas Kandola are our BUPA registered Osteopaths and each has their own provider number.
For the first appointment of any claim, we will need:
- An up to date membership number
- An injury pre-authorisation code from your insurance provider
- Your excess amount
- The number of sessions or value that has been approved
- Any scans, reports or referral letters
Occasionally invoices are returned unpaid as a result of policy limitations. In such circumstances, you will become liable for any outstanding fees and will need to pay us yourself. We will take credit card details at your first visit and store them in an encrypted format within our secure billing system. When fees become payable we will give you a minimum of seven days’ notice before charging your card.
If you do not agree with any of these charges, you will need to contact your insurance provider directly.
Some of the reasons why an insurer may not pay an invoice:
- Excess Fees: Most policies carry an excess which you will need to pay us directly.
- Unauthorised Treatments: If you have more treatment than your insurance provider has authorised, you will need to pay us for any unauthorised treatments.
- Relevant Authorisation: If you do not have the relevant authorisation from your insurer, GP or your employer, you may have to pay for treatment until this is resolved.
It is your responsibility to know the terms of your insurance cover. You are also responsible for keeping track of your sessions so you know when your cover has expired. As the patient, you are personally liable for any outstanding fees.
Note that you cannot usually claim for:
- Massage appointments
- Studio classes
- Products or equipment
- Complementary therapies
Where we are
The Clinic & Studio
260 Balham High Road
020 8672 4455
The Therapy Rooms
246 Balham High Road
020 8772 0222
Customer Service Number
020 8672 4455
Open 7 Days a Week
within 24 hours
Our Physios & Osteos are registered with Private Medical Insurance providers such as AXA PPP and BUPA